Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Why I don't like (hate) MaSha

Some of my friends know that I do not really care for Maria Sharapova. In fact I hate her a little. It is not just that I do not like her or is indifferent to her, I detest her to a degree. In fact I would not purposely buy the products she endorses. One might ask why? What has Maria Sharapova done to deserve this loathing? Well I have 3 main reasons.

1. I can not stand the shrieking on court during her tennis matches. It is simply just annoying. And to think that she does not shriek on practice. So what is the deal with the screaming?

2. She still claims to be proud of being a Russian when considering that she has lived longer here in the USA than she has in Russia. Considering that she even sounds like a valley girl when she talks in English and she can not speak fluent Russian. Other Russian players laughs at her broken Russian. Considering that she owes her endorsements (that has made her very very rich) to American society and capitalism. So why doesn't she embrace being an American? Plenty of European immigrate to the States and adopt American citizenship. Why does she clink to her being Russian when so little of her is truly Russian. If she truly loves being Russian, why doesn't she live in Russia instead of Florida? Sounds like she is a hypocrite.

3. And lastly, I must admit I am envious of her. How can somebody who is already blessed with good looks still be good at tennis and earn millions of dollars? That is not fair! She does not need my patronage when she already has so much. hahaha I know I am being petty with my last reason but it is what is it.

No comments: