Thursday, June 21, 2012

Money is not always the bottom line...

I left my part time job with Accelerated cause new management was reducing my already part time hours to 1-2 hours from 4-5 hours on the days that I go there.  And considering that I have to drive up to Skokie from Chicago for this job, sometimes working 1-2 hours is barely worth it.  The gas prices and the long commute made it easy for me to make up my mind that I should look for another job.  And that I  did.  I found a new full time work less than 2 miles from home.  I would have stayed with Accelerated if I had enough hours to make a good decent wage.  It was not a bad place to work for.  But it is a moot point now.  I already left them.

I heard from my previous coworker that my work clinic at Skokie is having a hard time filling my old part time post.  And that they got busier and desperately needed extra help.  I am not surprise by this cause my position with them was unique.  I was able to increase my hours and decrease my hours as needed.  It was a win situation for them cause I was that flexible.  And I believe that they could not find another therapist with my flexibility that easily.   I was proven correct by the report of my ex-coworker.

I honestly do not feel sorry for them cause the new management "drove" me away by their persistent stinginess.  Yes I understand that in business, money is the bottom line.  And yes I understand that my position was suppose to have flexible hours.  But on the other hand if a business is all about saving money and does not take care of their employee, they will loose them.  This is what happened to me.  I felt that the new management got too focused on reducing my hours.  They forgot that my flexibility was hard to come by.   And after an extended period of having that situation, I was ready to move to greener pasture.  I told them exactly why I was leaving them.  Perhaps now the new management realized that they should have given me more hours.  If they had, they would now not have a issue of meeting their staffing needs.  Oh well...

No comments: