Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Max don't pee at Janet!

I love my two doggies but it is not all fun and happiness with them.  They are animals after all and are driven by instinct to a greater degree.  Their instinct to smell and mark an interesting spot in the grass can be quite vexing at times.  Half of the time while I walk them, they would both be drawn to a particular spot in the grass.  And if I am not watching them, Max would just open his leg and start to pee / mark that spot with his own scent.  And since Janet is shorter than him, she would get sprayed by his pee often.  So I would have to separate them when they start to smell the same spot.  I would let Max do his smelling and then allow Janet to smell it too when Max moves on.  Or I would let Janet smell and pee first before I let Max approach the same spot.  It is bad enough that they sometimes smell like dogs, I would not have Janet smelling like dog pee too!

No comments: