Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My take on American Idol

This is the first year that I have followed American Idol on a more consistent basis. Last year, I only caught the tail end of the contest and I was hooked by the good looks of Blake Lewis. As I was watching more, I began to like his unique "Beat Box" style. I was sorry he did not win but I do agree that Jordin Sparks was the better singer. But on Blake's defense, an "Idol" needs to be good looking on top of being able to sing well. And Blake was both. To prove my case, where is Ruben, Fantasia and Taylor Hicks now? And look at Kelly Clarkson. She is a cute gal and she can sing well too. Henceforth, her career is booming.
This year, I am again hooked by the cute Davids. Yes I am talking about David Cook and David Archuleta. Besides the two Davids, I also think Michael Johns is cute. I was surprised he was eliminated halfway cause he was good. For last nights performances, I did like the performances of the two Davids. And both of them sang from "Phantom of the Opera" too. David Cook sang "Music of the Night" and David Archuleta sang "Think of me". If I have to pick now, I like David Archuleta to win. I just think his singing is better. And may I mention that I loathe the hair of Jason Castro. It looks smelly... With that hair, he was very appropriate in singing "memory" from "Cats" last night. That hair belongs to a cat! He is a handsome guy too but I suppose he has to have his style even if it is the dirty hippie look. And being Filipino, I was saddened by Ramiele Malubay's early departure. Perhaps if I had voted, I may have made a difference.
For now, my Tuesdays are American Idol night.

(pic of David Archuleta above from americanidol.com)

No comments: