Sunday, June 08, 2008

Roland Garros, the conclusion

Once again, I am somewhat disappointed with the results of another Grand Slam. Like during the Australian Open, I had high hopes for the players I like for this French Open. First disappointment came when the Williams sisters each lost during the 3rd round of the Women's Singles. Then the Bryan brothers lost in the quarter finals of the Men's Doubles. And the last disappointment came when Roger Federer lost in the Men's singles final against Rafael Nadal. I have nothing against Nadal. I only like Roger better. On the Women's singles side, Ana Ivanovic won over Dinara Safina. This is a bit of a good news. At least that way, Ana is now ranked No. 1. Better her than Sharapova. Sharapova lost to Safina on the 4th round which is very good news. That should bring her down her Diva throne. Also on the good news side, Bob Bryan along with Victoria Azarenka won the Mixed Doubles category.
Two weeks to go before Wimbledon. I do hope I won't have as many disappointments.

(pics from yahoo.com sport section)

No comments: