Saturday, August 24, 2024

Peter Pan

 


I saw Peter Pan at the Pantages last month.  I thought it would be visually appealing for my hearing impaired mother so I brought her along.  And I decided to finally watch this now because Peter Pan is played by an actual boy/man.  I just couldn't get myself to watch a woman playing Peter Pan as it was done before.  Nolan Almeida played our Peter Pan and he was up to the mark.  He was boyish looking enough to play the part and he hit all the notes of the songs he sang.  The production quality was indeed visually diverting.  The dance numbers were not superb but entertaining enough.  Oh and may I mention that Cody Garcia who play Captain Hook was amusing that his acting borders on the flamboyant.  Some of the songs are memorable too.  I might have to listen to the songs again to fully appreciate them.

All in all a worthwhile outing to the theatre.  3 stars out of 5.

No comments: