Thursday, November 15, 2007

Altar Boyz

Ta Pinky and I went to see the Chicago production of Altar Boys. And I must say I was thoroughly entertained. It was at the Drury Lane Water Tower Place Theatre which was a mid size theatre. This was ideal cause all the seats were "good" seats. You definitely don't need theatre binoculars to see the performer's faces and expressions. The show itself had a very simple stage set up and it was relatively short. The story is about these 4 altar boys plus 1 jewish friend forming a boy band singing praises to the Lord. Despite of the fact that there was no intermission, it did not feel tedious at all cause the fun music and upbeat choreography kept me riveted to the show. There were some pop culture reference to the dance moves like the makarena and the Dreamgirls moves. The lyrics of the songs were brilliant and genius. Just when you think they were going to say one thing "tabooish", they end up saying another totally appropriate. And of course, I must mention the boys. It would not be my review without mentioning the boys. I think they were all adorable and so accomplished. They sing and dance so well. "Me gusta" all of them but I specially like Matthew, Luke and Abraham. Check out which one is which HERE . Make sure you scroll down to the Chicago cast pictures.

I once prayed while in the Vatican for a youngin catholic jowa (bf) and so far God has not answered the prayer. Please Lord, let it be one of the Altar boys... Amen


(pictures above taken from altarboyzchicago.com)

No comments: