Wednesday, October 19, 2011

People online who are ugly inside.

I recently got a smart phone and with it, I joined Grindr. Grindr is just like any gay social networking website where I put a picture and some description about myself. I can see some other gay guys in my area and I can initiate a chat with someone who catches my eye. And like any other gay social networking site, the etiquette and practices are the same. It is common practice that if someone I do not fancy says hi to me, I may choose to ignore that person. I get ignored many times before and I get it. And if someone is pestering me, I can choose to block them. If someone does not have a face pic, I can choose to ignore or block them. After all if I show my face in Grindr, I expect nothing less than a face pic from another person who wishes to chat with me. It is also my practice that regardless of who gives me a wholesome compliment, I will thank them. Online or in real time, I just feel a compliment deserves no less than a polite "thank you". I do not have to engage in a chat with that person if I do not feel like it but I will at the very least give them a "thank you" if they compliment me. So I still get upset when a person I compliment in Grindr could not even muster to say "thanks". In one of my upsetting experience with a very rude 34 y.o. guy in Grindr, this person blocked me just because I said his picture looks good. WTF? It was not like I was pestering him, I said hi first then I followed it up with a wholesome compliment. The next thing I know, I was blocked! So fucking rude! It shows that outrageous level of abominable conceit that a compliment coming from people he does not care is tantamount to an insult.  My only consolation about this is that his good looks will not last. The day will come when he won't be as attractive as he is now and he will not get a compliment anymore. Inner beauty last but not outer beauty. And also if he is a fucking rude person, then his character is majorly flawed. So do I really want to chat with a rude person who is ugly inside? No, I do not. So in the end all is good. C'est la vie!

No comments: