Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Unfriend vs Unfollow

In the wise words of Cez:
Sometimes you have to get rid of what's not working in your life - whether it's a gadget, a person, a situation, etc. Then you make way in your life for something better to come along.
I think it is a very pragmatic thinking. So when it comes to facebook, sometimes you have "friends" that you really want to just clean out of your life. It could be a friend that you had a falling out or someone that does not really seem to care to respond to any of your comments or greetings. And these facebook friends are prolific facebook poster but when you greet them, they just ignore you. So it becomes obvious that they do not care to hear from you. But often the act of unfriending is offensive and abrupt to people. So a less offensive act would be to unfollow that facebook friend. That way, I do not see any of their post thus I am not tempted to comment or greet them. This way I can forget that they are even in my friend's list and I can eventually forget that they are in my life. I have gotten rid of those "friends" in my life without being offensive.

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

Thanks for the mention, Jon! :)