Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Mercedes convertible post at Facebook.

The other day, while hanging out my my friend Adam, I decided to take a photo on his Mercedes convertible.  Then I thought it would be funny if I post it on Facebook and pretend it was mine.  I was in the mood for a joke and I was curious if people will believe it.  So I wrote on the title of the 3 photos that I traded in my Toyota Prius for a Mercedes convertible.  3 hours later, I got 10 of my friends/family who "Like" the photo and 7 made positive comments about it.  Only one doubted it by saying "For Real?  Nice!"  By then, I decided the joke was over for I took down the entire post and photos relating to the Mercedes.

What have I discovered from this little harmless social experiment of mine?  Well for starters, I learned that many of my friends did not actually know me that well.  Cause had they known me well enough, they would know that I would NEVER buy a Mercedes convertible.  I am way too pragmatic to buy an expensive gas guzzler that can only seat two people.  Also they would know that I am so not the type of person who has the need for speed in my ride.  I also learned from this that I am a boring person who had hardly done any harmless practical joke to others.  If I did it often to my friends, they would have doubted that post from the get go.  Thirdly, I learned that I am a trustworthy person to my friends.  Somebody who should be believed if I said so.  After all, almost all of them believed me.  Or perhaps they were just too polite to doubt me?  Well it was an interesting discovery.  And I am sure no harm came from the joke.

No comments: