Friday, February 28, 2014

My Suzuki Vitara


It is almost 9 months since I sold this Suzuki Vitara that I owned for 12 years.  It was a good car that served me well in Chicago.  The 4 wheel drive option was a great feature when there was snow or rain.  It had gotten me out of many snow banks without having to shovel.  When the weather was dry, it can be a rear wheel drive and saved me some gas.  Although the MPG was like only about 20, it was not a gas guzzler.  The SUV look made me appear "sporty".  The back seats was foldable which added space for transporting bigger items.  I did love this car but driving it to LA from Chicago was just not a wise option.  Although it was a well maintained vehicle, the fact that it was 12 years old was just asking for trouble for a long distance drive.  Also I had to pay an exorbitant amount to register it for CA.  Plus I was not sure if it would pass the stringent emission standards of CA.  So I sold it.  As I looked at my old photos tonight, I came across my old Vitara named Vesta Dorota Silverskaya.  I felt a little forklempt over it.  I missed it.  I hope it is doing well at the hands of the guy I sold it to. 

No comments: