Monday, March 10, 2014

Why can't I meet quality men like Marion?

When I hang out with my friend Marion several weeks ago, he showed me in his phone all the men he had "done" that he met via the gay social networking or hook up sites.  Honestly I was impress by the quality of these men.  This made me wonder how Marion could get those men and I couldn't.  Is Marion far better looking than me?  We are both about the same age.  So it must not be the age factor.  We are both Asians so race is prolly not at play.  Although he is tanned skinned and I am light skinned.  I wondered about that.  We are both height and weight proportioned.  What is it then?

I analyzed my situation compared to Marion's.  First, Marion lives alone in Weho.  Definitely more gay men in Weho that he can meet at his place.  I live in the valley and my mom stays with me.  It would be too complicated to invite men over.  So I figured geography and availability of a place must have played a role.  More gay men in Weho and often they themselves can't host.  So having your own private place to meet men is a plus.  Also Marion has a flexible work schedule so impromptu meetings with men are always an option.  While I have a 9-5 work so that means I can only meet men after work in the evenings or weekends if I want to.  Often these horny men are online looking to meet now and not later to be scheduled.   Then talking to Marion made me realized that he was not really looking for LTR.  He just wants sex.  Unlike me, I very very rarely meet up for just sex.  I am looking to meet guys for a casual non sexual encounter and if there is chemistry, another date can be arranged.  I am not a prude but I am just done with casual hook ups.  Many men online are just looking for sex.  Some even have BF and they just want NSA(no strings attached) sexual encounters.  I do not entertain those men cause we are not looking for the same thing.  That left me with men also looking for LTR as my pool of men to choose from.  bummer.

In summary, Marion has the advantage of geography, availability of place, flexibility of schedule and having more men to choose from.  I convinced myself that that must be it cause the other possibility that I am just uglier is so unpalatable.  :-)

No comments: