Monday, May 18, 2015

Newsies, my review

I have heard about this.  Seen the performance at the Tony's Award.  I thought the dancing was superb so I decided to watch it live on stage when it made its way to my town.

It was not a disaster nor was it a hit for me.  Definitely the dancing was superb.  In fact there were group dance numbers that almost felt like they were not necessary to the story.  But I am not complaining cause I was thoroughly entertained by the group dance numbers.  The music was not horrible but it was pretty forgettable.  The singing voices of the actors were good.  It did not move me in my seats either.  The story line was not entirely predictable.  There were a few surprising moments. 

Everything about this musical was average.  Perhaps slightly above average.   B+.  Well at least my curiosity was satisfied.

No comments: