Saturday, August 08, 2015

The Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages.


I have not seen Phantom live ever till recently.  It is one of those iconic musicals that has been out for ages that everybody has heard about but yet I have only seen it recently at the Pantages Theater. 

It did not disappoint.  The music was just as iconic hearing it live.  The production and stage effects were fantastic.  I was especially floored seeing the scene where the Phantom and Christine descended into the dungeon and rode the canoe over the underground river.   The actors did a superb job acting and singing.  Even the understudies that played the roles of the Phantom and Christine Daae.  I am not sure if I would have preferred seeing the actual actors on the lead roles.  I figured there was nothing I could do about it so I did not let it bother me further.  Act 1 was definitely more entertaining.  The songs in Act 2 were slower and a tad bit boring at some point.  But still I was entertained.

I am glad I can now say I have seen The Phantom of the Opera in theater live!  Next stop, Les Miserables.

No comments: