Sunday, April 03, 2016

Not the time of my life.




I saw the Dirty Dancing on stage at the Pantages Theatre recently.  I don't know what possessed me to see it but it seemed like a good idea when I bought the tickets.  Now I can say that it was NOT a good idea.  It did not give me the time of my life.  Pun intended.  I have to say that after the first 10 minutes into the show, I was just waiting for that "Time of my Life" dance number to get it over with.

The show hardly had any singing.  In fact the two lead actors did not sing at all.  The story was pretty much like the movie version.  The dance numbers were so so.  And I have to use a lot of imagination on the different scenes. 

On the positive note, the show did have plenty of beautiful people.  Doug Carpenter who sang many of the songs had a strong voice.  And the number "Time of my Life" was entertaining enough.  But alas it was not enough to redeem the show in my opinion.

I will give this 2 stars out of 5.

No comments: