Saturday, March 26, 2011

Jane Eyre



Any English movie with their English accent excites me. I am fond of watching period English films the likes of Austen's classics and old monarchy stories. And mind you, I am not familiar with the story of Jane Eyre so I watched this movie with fresh perspective.
Jane Eyre in it's basic story line is a love story. A story on how a girl, who seemed abandoned by good fortune, found love and wealth in its many forms. The acting quality, costumes and set locations did not disappoint. The way the story flowed was also riveting. One complain I have was on how some of the scenes confused me into thinking that this was a horror movie of sort. The mystery part of the story was exaggerated and exorbitant. That just annoyed me in the end.

3 stars out of 5. Not sure if I will get a copy for my collection.

No comments: