Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lousy Meritain Health Insurance

For the most of my years here in the USA, I had Blue Cross Blue Shield as insurance.  And for the most of that time, I have been going to Parkwest Medical for my health needs.  Recently, I got a new lousy insurance from this equally lousy job, CPT.  It is Meritain Health.  Since I had this Meritain Health insurance, I have been having issues with services that was fine/better when I had the BCBS insurance.  The blood work-up from Quest Diagnostics I had was not handled properly.  Twice I got the same bill from Quest Diagnostic because Meritain Health did not send the EOB (explanation of benefits) to Quest Diagnostic.  I called them to fax it to Quest and it was not done cause I got another bill one month later.  I have to call them again to have the EOB faxed.  Then when I tried to have my prescription filled, Meritain did not cover one of my medication and the copayment for the other was a lot more than what I have been paying with BCBS.  And thirdly, the doctors visit copayment was also substantially more with Meritain Health than with BCBS.

Obviously, lousy insurance give you lousy service.  You get what you pay for.

No comments: