Monday, November 05, 2012

Fabulous Kinky Boots




I saw Kinky Boots last week.  A new musical written by Harvey Fierstein and Cyndi Lauper.  I did love the movie version of this and I was excited to love the musical version as well.  It did not disappoint.  The cast were all good.  Their british accent were convincing.  They sang beautifully, except Billy Porter as Lola.  I thought his voice was beginning to sound like Harvey Fierstein.  I felt he was loosing his voice.  Many of the cast were very pleasing to the eye especially Stark Sands as Charlie Price.  The music were also catchy.  I especially like "The most beautiful thing",  "I come to the rescue", "Everybody say yeah" "the soul of a man" and "Raise you up/just be".  The drag queen angels that danced with Lola were fabulous and magnificent in those high heeled boots.  And on top of the entertaining song and dance numbers, the show had a message too.  We need to accept each other's differences and love ourselves for who we are.  Homophobia and bigotry are not nice.  A message that resonate in me and in our current society where discrimination and prejudice still abounds amongst the gay.  The show deserved a 4 star out of 5.

No comments: