Monday, December 10, 2012

California PT license at last.

I believe I started the process of applying for a California PT license February of this year. I sent my application to FCCPT (foreign credentialing commission on Physical Therapy) to have my credentials evaluated as required by the PTBC (physical therapy board of california). The evaluation result came saying that I have deficiency in didactic work on Community Health. So that means I have to take a class to cover this deficiency. After paying FCCPT several hundred of dollars more, they pointed me to the schools where I can take classes for this. I enrolled for the summer term at the University of Montana to take "Health and Wellness" distant learning class that they have for their tDPT degree. Studied, did my assignments and took the exam. After getting an A grade for this, I submitted my transcript from UM to FCCPT. 2 months later, I got the evaluation result from FCCPT that complies with the requirement of PTBC. Got my finger print done, had my Illinois PT exam score transferred to California, got IL and WI to issue a certificate of good license standing and went to my old employers to certify work experience. Submitted all the required documents to PTBC and waited. Then I received the notice that I have to take the Jurisprudence Exam for California. Scheduled, studied and sat for the exam. Today I got the letter that I got my California License in Physical Therapy. The whole process took roughly 9 months and over $1000 of expenses on fees and tuition.  It was indeed a long process and a lot of money but I am glad that it is finally done.  Yey.

No comments: