Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I'm still a friend to a Christian.

I got a text from a good friend in Florida not too long ago.  She mentioned something about what she read in my blog.  She did not mention anything about my being an Atheist.  It was her way of not discussing a topic that we have diverging views on.  She is a good Christian and I am an Atheist.  It was good of her to avoid the topic but more importantly, it was very open minded of her to still keep me in list of friends despite my views on her faith.  

To be honest, I did not know how some of my friends and family in Facebook would react to my "coming out" as an Atheist.  I would be sad if some of them "unfriend" me on account of my views.  But at the same time I was prepared for any reactions from them.  So having expected the worst, I was glad this friend did not cut me off her life considering that she is a devout Christian. 

No comments: