Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Medieval Times in Buena Park (Metro LA)

My family and I went to Medieval Times for New Years Day.  We got nothing better do so and my mom kept on hinting how she wanted to check the LA Medieval Times.  You see, she had fun at the Chicago Medieval Times many years ago so she wanted to see it again.  I remembered it was a novelty and since it was a long time ago, I was not oppose to seeing it again.

I was diverted.  Perhaps more so if I was 10 years old but still it was fun.  There were a King, a Princess, and 6 Knights.  We were assigned to the "Black & White" Knight and I was happy about that cause our Knight was the handsomest of all the Knights.  The Archery contest, Jousting and spear throwing contest were nice.  There was some OK horse performances too.  Then there were sword fights which I could totally tell were choreographed.  But the kids behinds us sure could not tell.  They were cheering and shouting for our Knight to "kill" the other knight.  Unfortunately our knight was the first who got "killed" or "injured".  In the end, the villain from the other kingdom has to be subdued by the winning knight.

The meal that was served to us was 5 courses.  It may seem grand but it was actually just soup, roast ribs, roast chicken, baked potatoe and some pastry.  Drinks were either soda, water or tea.  Nothing grand but it filled me up.  We had to eat it with our hands which I totally expected from my previous experience. 

Outside of the arena was a waiting area with middle ages painting and items hanging on the wall.  There was also a gift shop to lure the kids to buy fake swords, chain mails, crowns, jewelries and even jester hats.  I would have bought a chain mail if they had one similar to the one Pippin wore.

The whole experience was a novelty to say the least.  A good entertainment for kids and tourist.  Repeating it probably will loose its novelty but first timers should enjoy it.





















No comments: