Monday, July 27, 2015

Universal Fitness club, my review

I recently joined Universal fitness club at Panorama City by the corner of Roscoe and Van Nuys.  It is walking distance to my house so the convenience is a big plus.  Also they have a very reasonable monthly fee.  If I paid the full year up front, I get 3 months extra and the total monthly cost will only be $19/month.  That is definitely another plus for joining this gym.  Also I checked out the inside and the machines are fairly new.  It is basic.  No frills and it is not a fancy facility complete with spa like wet areas.  That did not matter to me.  I am going there to lift weights and walk home after.  I did not need a jacuzzi or steam room or sauna.

On my third visit to the gym at around 9 pm, I noticed that the temperature was very warm.  I asked the front desk about it and they said the air was being fixed.  Then 2 more visits at night after that, I noticed that it was still warm despite the air running.  It was not as warm as that night when the air was broken but still warm.  I mentioned it to the front desk.  Nothing was done about it the subsequent visit.  And then my most recent visit, the air was broken again and the gym felt like a sauna.  The outside temperature was at least 10 degrees cooler than inside.  Mind you this was summer time in So Cal and night temp were not that cool.

So I guess I get what I paid for.  The monthly fee is indeed low but the customer service is poor.  I feel the management is trying to save money by keeping the air running on low.  If this gym is not so conveniently close to me that I could walk to it, I would have left it and pay for a more expensive gym that is comfortable to exercise and lift weight in.

Be warned!

No comments: