Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving during the Pandemic

 Thanksgiving has never been a big holiday for me to celebrate.  It probably has to do with the fact that I grew up in the Philippines and we do not celebrate that there.  And for me, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year are just one big Holiday season.  I start putting out my lights after Halloween and I keep it up till after New Year.

This year with the pandemic, Thanksgiving will even be relegated as another "ordinary" day for me.  I am not going to family or friends nor am I inviting them over.  It will just be another day off for me to do my yard work.  In fact I am working the Friday after Thanksgiving.  I am not even going out shopping for the sales.  Just being safe at home.

For what it's worth, I would like to greet everybody a happy Thanksgiving.  I am thankful that I am healthy and have my job.

No comments: