Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blogging and me - Blogging conflict

I started blogging by joining my friend's blog on theatre. As time goes on, I developed a style of writing and different point of view that did not always see eye to eye with the two primary developers of the said theatre blog. There has been several instances that my blog was edited or I was asked to edit them. So I ended up blogging less and less with them to avoid conflict of opinions with my two friends.

Recently we went to see The Addams Family and I blogged about the show and my experience that evening doing the stage door. One of my entry mentioned that one actress (Jackie Hoffman) was a snob since she did not sign playbills and mingled with the fans waiting outside the stage door as other actors did. She simply walked pass us in a hurry. One of my friend who administers our group theatre blog thought my comment on this actress as being a snob was bitchy and rude. As I explained to her, actors and public figures are constantly judged by the public based on their behavior as perceived by the public. And that night, Jackie's behavior was snobbish as I perceived it so I reported it as such. But since the theatre blog is primarily their blog and I am merely a contributor, I edited my blog and went along with her point of view, although I did not agree with her. That was the most recent disagreement I had with my friends about my blog entries to their blog.

In life we will not always agree with our coworkers, boss, family and/or friends. And we all have a choice about these matters. And I have a choice too on the conflict of point of view I have with my friends about my blog entries. Either I sometimes compromise my opinion about my blog entry and continue to contribute to their blog or I stick to my guns and just simply enter all my blogs, with my point of views, to my very own blog. At this point, I am inclined to just enter all my blogs to my own blog to avoid future conflict. Besides, I feel my thought is already edited enough at work that I don't have to put up with avoidable editing on my social life. But since they are still my friends despite the disagreement, I might someday contribute again on their blog. Well perhaps until I get edited again...

No comments: