Friday, May 14, 2010

Lobo - the review part 1

Thanks to my cousin, I now have the complete DVD series of the Filipino Tele-novela titled "Lobo". So I have been watching an hour or two every night. So far I have only watched 2 DVDs and my initial impression is a mixed bag of comical amusement and genuine interest. I am interested by the story line which involves werewolves and the Romeo & Juliet love story that seems to be evolving. And of course the lead star Piolo Pascual is such a hotty that I have to watch it. On the other hand, I am amused by the poor quality of the script and the sometimes unrealistic dialog. And the overacting by the lead female star Angel Locsin is also comical to the point that it is sometimes annoying. It also does not help that they use huskies dog as the werewolves the character transforms to. It does not look scary at all. Back to the positive side, another note worthy star in this show is Pilar Pilapil. She still looks radiant in her advance age and her portrayal of the Fashion design executive is very apropos. Her role reminds me so much of Miranda Priestly in the Devil wears Prada.

It has been a while since I have watched a Filipino Tele-novela. I should have known this was to be expected. Perhaps my opinion of it will improve upon finishing the series. We will have to wait for the part 2 review.

No comments: