Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Changing birthday?

I recently decided to celebrate my lunar calendar birthday instead of my Gregorian calendar birthday. This was because my Gregorian calendar birthday falls on the 1st of January. And I was tired of playing second fiddle to the New Year celebration every year. So with my Lunar calendar birthday of 13th day on the 11th lunar month, I get to celebrate it on different date on the Gregorian calendar yearly.


This year it fell on the 18th of December. So I posted it on my facebook page as December 18. I got a lot of greetings from my friends and family on my page. Those who knew my birthday as January 1st were confused with the new date. Almost all were supportive of my decision and simply greeted me. A few made some disapproving comment about it. But the bottom line is it was my decision so to hell with what they think. And for once I got to experience how it is to have a normal birthday. For once I was the center of attention even if it is just in facebook. For once I got to be greeted with a happy birthday without the happy new year attached to it. For once it was just my day and I did not have to share it with new year. And to be honest, it was quite refreshing. I like it.

No comments: