Saturday, July 03, 2010

Brilliant solution to my crappy birth date

My friend Sam mentioned once that his mother will be celebrating her birthday. When we asked when her birthday is, he said it varies every year since she celebrate it on the day she was born based on the Lunar calendar (aka Chinese calendar). So on our Gregorian calendar, the date varies every year.

Since I am ethnically Chinese and I abhor my birthday on the Gregorian Calendar, I have decided to celebrate my birthday on the day I was born based on the Lunar Calendar. It would not be too outrageous since I am just simply following my ancestral ways. And I was born on the 13th day of the 11th month of the Lunar calendar that year (January 1 in the Gregorian calendar). The 13th day of the 11th month of the Lunar calendar this year falls on December 18, 2010. So I celebrate my birthday December 18 this year. Next year December 7. December 25 the following year (crap!). And December 15 after that. Well it is a lot better than having to celebrate it January 1 every year.

I am quite content with this resolution!

No comments: