Monday, July 19, 2010

Anti Chamo Organization

American high school kids can be very mean and evil. At least that is what I see in some movies and television shows. I do not know if that is a true representation of most American high school and the dynamics of kids. Anyhow, I do not recall my high school back in the Philippines being that way. I do not recall anybody bullying or humiliating somebody else. The meanest thing I recall that I was involved in was joining the "ACO". ACO was this informal group that we boys formed as a sign of solidarity to show our annoyance to this one female classmate. ACO stands for "anti-chamo organization". Of course her name was not really "Chamo". Chamo was just a term we coined for her cause she looks like a maid servant. Chamo was actually a short version for "chabokan been" which is a Chinese phrase to mean face of a maid servant. We did not really do anything to harm or hurt her. I do not even remember what exactly we did. Perhaps just bond to complain with each other about Chamo. It was just that any boys who was annoyed with this classmate was a member of ACO. I do not recall Chamo ever finding out about ACO. As far as most of the girls in our class knew, ACO stands for "Alliance Cooperative Organization" which is actually an oxy-moron. I am sure the girls did not buy it but there was no way any of us boys revealed the true meaning of ACO to them back then. I am not sure if Chamo knows about it now. Well if she reads this, she might. But then again I have not revealed who Chamo really is, have I?

No comments: