Monday, July 12, 2010

Opinion improved about Eclipse.

I first saw Twilight Saga: Eclipse in MN over the 4th of July weekend with Sam and Richard. I was so tired then but rallied my spirit to watch Eclipse since I was looking forward to the 3rd installment of the Twilight Saga. My first impression of the movie was that it was so slow and lackluster. The part where Bella and Edward exchanged declaration of their love bored me to the point that I even dozed off for a few seconds. The movie seemed like a set up for the next movie. But the movie was not without its exciting moments. The fight scenes were very visually stimulating indeed with the appropriate slow motions. Jacob looked very yummy as ever while Edward somehow lost a little of his good looks appeal.

The second time I saw the movie was with Tom and Jeff here in Chicago. This time I was well rested and was able to watch the movie with clearer head. And I must say my opinion of it improved after seeing it the second time. Even the "boring" moments of Edward and Bella were not as drab and presented itself as necessary for the story. The movie this time appeared to be a good adaptation of the book where all necessary details were given enough screen time. Jacob looked hotter and Edward's hairdo appeared stylish and cool. I was able to appreciate more the witty lines delivered by the characters. And I got out of the movie with the impression that it was a 4 out of 5 star movie.

No comments: