Thursday, July 01, 2010

stir fried chicken and veggies on oyster sauce

I hate chicken breast. I prefer red meat in the chicken and whenever I buy a whole chicken rotisserie, I really do not know what to do with the breast part. My coworker gave me a tip on what to do with it. Here is the end result dish.

Chop the left over breast into sugar cubes size pieces.
Chop one whole onion into small pieces as desired.
Chop 2-3 tomatoes into thumbs size pieces.
Peel and chop ginger root into pencil size pices.
Cut asparagus 2 inches from the tip and discard the bottom part.
Wash and prepare broccoli and peas snaps. (amount arbitrary as desired)
Peel carrot and chop into small pieces. (amount arbitrary as desired)
Prepare one tablespoon of minced garlic.

Saute garlic, ginger, onion and tomato for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and saute for another 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt, a pinch turmeric, a pinch of dill weed, a pinch of ground cumin and a pinch of Mrs. Dash into the sauteed dish. Pour one cup of Oyster sauce into the sauteed dish. Continue to stir and simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Add all the vegetable. Stir and simmer for 5-7 minutes.

No comments: