Friday, July 23, 2010

Make threats all you want.

Unreasonable client/costumer, with an unreasonable sense of entitlement, who makes unreasonable threats and these threats are not met with an apology or concern usually gets more riled up.

This was the case tonight with a patient. This patient has no respect and regard for our time cause she has canceled 2 appointments and did not show up for 2 more appointments. Our policy, that they sign to, clearly says if a client misses 3 appointments, he/she will be discharged. When I told her firmly but calmly that we have already given her extra leeway for her poor attendance, she got annoyed by this. She came to see me tonight 15 minutes late with an excuse that she was at the nail salon but I still treated her and double booked her with the client that follows her. She still received her full 30 minutes of exercises plus the IFC treatment at the end. When she asked for hot pack to her knees, I told her that we run out of time for that already. I added that had she came on time, we would have been able to do it. This got her angry and she began making threats that she will change her appointments to see other therapist instead of me. At this point, I had my fill of her behavior and antics that I simply said to go ahead. I added that I would welcome the change. This got her angrier and she began making threats that she will bring her business elsewhere. I responded that we are in fact loosing more money on her because she has not been showing up for her appointments. This got her even more riled up and threatened to contact my superior. I gave her my supervisor's name and told her that my supervisor is well aware for her situation and how this does not scare me. This made her burst out of the clinic all fumed up. No matter what the business model say about clients are always right, I do not believe it. This client was obviously not in the right and she just got really angry that her threats were not met with an apology or concern from me. Serves her right!

No comments: