Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Enzo or Janet?


This past weekend, I got a chance to dog sit Enzo again. This time, I noticed something not so nice about Enzo and it made me like my lil fat Janet more.

For starters, Enzo has this top dog/alpha dog mentality. Is it because he got spoiled by his daddies at home? Not sure. But he often likes to take whatever toy Janet is playing with. Once he has it, he will lose interest in the toy and go for the next toy that Janet has. He also likes to growl at Janet to prevent her from going close me or to the next room. When we are walking, he pulls on the leash trying to dictate where we go. Well it won't work for me so he end up choking on his collar. Hope he learned his lesson. Also sometimes, he would be aggressive on the other dogs we meet while walking. Normally he will ignore people but he will only be interested with the people we meet when he sees Janet getting the attention from that person. It's all about him him him. When I am feeding them, Enzo would gobble his food so fast and then go to Janet trying to get her food. I now separate them on different rooms during feeding. Besides the alpha mentality of Enzo, he also has major separation anxiety. He barks and barks when being left at home with Janet. On the other hand, my Janet never growls at dogs. She always love to meet other dogs and people. She only pulls on the leash if she want to go towards the dog or people she sees in the street. She is totally mellow and has accepted that she is not alpha. Well she probably learned that I am alpha in our household. And Janet never barks when I leave the house. Dunno if that is good cause she does not seem to care if I leave. haha But she is always eager to see me on my return.

Now Enzo is not without good qualities. When we walk, he does not have fuss about doing number 1 and number 2. So walking him is a breeze. Within 5 minutes, he has done his business. He is sometimes playful and friendly to Janet which is really nice. They get to have their exercises with all the play fight they do often. And he does not whines or moans when he needs something. Janet on the other hand is a major whiner/moaner when she is hungry or wants to be pet. Kinda annoying cause she seems to be hungry always or she wants plenty of cuddling like most lap dog. And it takes here literally 3x longer than Enzo to do her toilet business outside. That slow pace goes the same for her eating although not that slow.

So do I still like Enzo more than Janet as I did before? Not anymore. I will stick to my fat baby.

No comments: