Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Forgive but not forget?

Did we ever forgive if we did not forget? I wonder about that cause I feel I have forgiven my friend Romeo but I have not forgotten what he did. It was not that Romeo did anything malicious to me. He was just not thinking which resulted to some drama.

Romeo and I had a friend Justin who was visiting from Cali. Since Justin at one point was gracious enough to host us in Cali, I agreed to have him stay at my place cause Romeo can not host him. I do not particularly like anybody in my house without me being there unless they are a very good friends. Justin was an acquaintance kind of friend so as long as I am home with him, I do not mind having him stay with me. Romeo and I had an arrangement that Justin will hang with him till I get home. Then he can bring Justin to my place so I will be around to receive them. I did give Romeo a set of my house keys so they can drop off Justin's luggages while I am not yet home. Since I know Romeo and Justin will be in my home briefly while I am not there, I decided to lock my bedroom and office doors. Those are my private areas.

Upon coming home that day, I found Justin, without Romeo, in my office. Evidently, Romeo opened my office door since he knew where the keys were in the kitchen drawers. Romeo thought that I will have Justin stay in the office since I had a sofa bed in there but in reality, I was planning to have Justin stay in my living room where I have another sofa bed. He did not even think twice that I may have a good reason for locking that door. Romeo was just being stupid. So I was rightfully upset to see Justin in my office. I gave Romeo a call and had an argument about it. This argument was overheard by Justin which of course made him feel unwanted. The argument put me in a lousy mood and I did not even accept Justin's invitation to dine out. That night Justin did not return. He end up sleeping somewhere else cause he felt not welcomed. He just came the next day to pick up his luggages. So I tried to explain to Justin that I was not upset with him but with Romeo for not adhering to our arrangement and for not thinking twice before unlocking my office. My apologizes were in vain cause Justin did not talk to me again.

I felt this drama was all Romeo's fault. He should have stuck to our arrangement to have Justin hang out with him till I get home from work. And he should not have unlocked that office door to let Justin in. I have long forgiven Romeo's stupidity but to this day have not forgotten. So can I really say that I have forgiven him when I have not forgotten???

No comments: