Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ask others to take your picture

One summer day at the beach has left me with a sour taste in my mouth. It started when my friend Ernie asked me to take our group picture that included him. I did not really care to take the picture and another friend volunteered to take it instead but Ernie insisted that I take the pic. As he approach to hand me the camera, it was still hooked on his wrist so that resulted to us dropping the camera on the sand as I was taking it from his hand. Sand got in the lens and the camera needed to be repaired/cleaned. On subsequent conversation with Ernie, he said that it was my fault cause I grab the camera from him hastily. From my point of view, he did not take the time to prepare the camera as often in the past before handing it to me. He was distracted as in the past. Often in the past when he asked someone (including me) to take his picture, the camera would still be close/off or the setting would still be in the preview setting. He does not prepare the camera properly for the taker of the picture so it will be ready to just point and shoot. Of course the camera was not ready again as he handed it to me this time. Hence this resulted to the camera falling on the sand. Ernie asked me to pay half of the cost to repair/clean the camera. I told him I will cause I felt it is not worth loosing a long friendship over this incident. I thought it is fair that I pay half of the repair cost cause I was involved in the dropping of the camera whether I was a willing participant or not. But this does not prevent me from feeling really very annoyed about the situation. It is a sour taste in my mouth that I know will linger. My reaction now is to just refuse altogether to take his picture using his camera but that seemed highly unrealistic if we are to remain as friends. Ugh!

No comments: