Thursday, April 05, 2012

I am beautiful because I am Asian?


"You are beautiful brother, I adore Asian men."

That is the email I received in Adam4Adam.com. In as much that I always appreciate a compliment but what he said did not really sound like a compliment. It sounded to me that I am beautiful only because I am Asian. He is obviously a "rice queen" which by itself is not a bad thing. But if he is the kind of rice queen who finds 99% of asian men to be beautiful, then his compliment does not feel like a real compliment. I want to be beautiful to him because I am really beautiful to him and not because of my race. I want to feel I stand out amongst my peers.
His intent was to compliment me and I did thank him accordingly. I suppose I should just be happy I got a compliment even if it is because of my race.

No comments: