Thursday, May 17, 2012

He won't miss me despite his declarations.

It is true that we sometimes have the tendency to take what we have for granted until we are faced with the fact that we lost it or loosing it. This was true with a friend after hearing the news that I was moving away to LA. After hearing that I was moving away in a couple of months, he started hanging out with me again. And that very first meeting we had since learning of my impending move, he kept on declaring that he was going to miss me and was acting nostalgic and melancholic. Of course I just dismissed his declarations by countering that he won't miss me at all. I was speaking the truth cause we hardly hanged out this past 2-3 years. He found new friends and new priorities that I did not really believe he would notice my absence. Yes I was jealous of the fact that my friendship was somewhat replaced but at the same time I accepted the reality that friendship changes. Now he makes more effort to hang out which are not met with resistance. After all, I was always there to hang out but it was him who was not there to hang out when I wanted a friend. Yes I am a little bitter about that but it was not the reason why I am moving away. Sure it made my decision easier but family was my main reason for moving to LA. My mom wanted me there and I have family there that leaving Chicago was a no brainer. I felt there is really nothing in Chicago that is holding me back. Certainly not the friendship with the above mentioned friend. I am used to not having him in my life lately and I am certain that he won't miss me.

No comments: