Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Red Riding Hood - the review.

I recently saw Red Riding Hood in DVD and I must say I was surprisingly very pleased by it. The story is a take off from the fairy tale of the little red riding hood. There was a girl (teen girl) wearing the red hooded cloak and there was the grandmother but instead of a big bad wolf, the story had a werewolf. The story was able to interject some of the classic things we know from the fairy tale but at the same time was able to make it original. They even added dialogue from the 3 little pigs and the wolf story but it was an inconsequential dialogue. The movie was a fantasy mystery which I have guessed as much but what surprised me most was the unpredictable ending. It kept me guessing who the werewolf was up until it was revealed. That made the story riveting. In fact I was at the edge of my seat many times throughout the movie. I say 4 stars out of 5.

No comments: