Friday, January 11, 2013

Book of Mormon: the review.

All my friends raved about it.  It has gotten so many good reviews and it was sold out.  So it was a no brainer that I MUST see The Book of Mormon.

I saw the show 2 nights ago with my friend Tom.  Tom had seen the show in Broadway but it was my first time.  Beaming with anticipation, Tom and I drove to The Bank of America Theatre along Monroe in downtown Chicago.  The parking was 2 blocks away but it did not dampen my spirits.  A brisk walk under a fairly warm January night skies was invigorating.

Our seats were way up high in the balcony cause those were the only seats available.  The theatre was packed and every body were in good mood.  When the show finally started, I have not stopped laughing till it ended.  This show was hilarious!  The kind of humor that is so South Park.  Not surprising cause it was written by the same guys that created South Park.  The show pokes fun on the history and beliefs of the Mormon church in a satiric way.  And I must say it was educational for me cause I do not really know what the Mormons believe in.  The dancing was campy and uber diverting.   The singing voices of all the performers were strong and awe inspiring.  Everybody acted superbly.  Despite of this being a comedic musical, it was not wanting with some tender moments.  It was not just a senseless comedy, the story line had a message too which made it all poignant.

This was one show that was so hyped up and all the hype met my expectations.  I will give this show a 5 star out of 5.  Go see it!

No comments: