Tuesday, January 01, 2013

My special day.

The day before my so called special day started on an unhealthy way.  As in literally I was not in good health.  I somehow developed a cold and I was running a mild temperature.  I was coughing, sneezing and did not feel too great in general.    And I got 5 greetings via text and facebook that said "happy new year and happy birthday".  It is bad enough that my birthday will always be an afterthought of New Year, what made it worse was the fact that it was not even my birthday upon receiving those messages.  New years day is my birthday and not new years eve.  Is my birthday that unspecial that any day around the New Year will do?  Since they can greet me a Happy new year on New years eve, they might as well get it out of the way and greet me a Happy Birthday?   It feels like they might forget or get too busy later to greet me on my actual birthday.  If their goal was to make me feel special by greeting me, they failed miserably.  I would rather that they forget entirely than to greet me early or later as an afterthought.  If some of you think I am being a big baby about this whole new year/birthday thing, then you just don't get it and you will never get it unless you are my shoe.  It is suppose to be my special day and I am entitled to be a big baby for this one day.

The next day I woke up on the day of my birthday feeling a little better.  I still coughed but it cleared out easy.  My mom made me a dry version of miswa with boiled egg and noodle.  Round egg for a whole life and long noodles for a long life.  That was neat that my mom made a traditional birthday dish because it was my birthday.  After an hour or so of watching the Rose Parade on TV, it was time to go to Mayflower in Chinatown and met my cousins for my birthday luncheon.  The food was good and company was priceless.  The best part was I get to celebrate my birthday without New Year stealing the show.  The luncheon was just to celebrate me.  After lunch, we went to Glendale galeria and the Americana shopping area.  I could have bought a jacket for myself but my pragmatic side prevailed.  Picture here and there and then back home.

I must say I was very satisfied on how my birthday went.

No comments: