Friday, March 29, 2013

Priscilla: the review

Before my mom and I went to see the show, I made sure my mom saw the movie version so she will understand the musical.  I believed the show was good for her to see since it will have lots of colorful costumes in over the top musical numbers.  Something visual for my hearing challenged mother.  And I was right about the show good for my mom.  She enjoyed it and even felt it was better than the movie.

I too enjoyed the show.  It was indeed very colorful and campy which is my idea of gay and fun.  It had more songs that were not in the movie.  A lot of the new songs were from Madonna and the 80s.  Those are my kind of music.  The story pretty much followed the story in the movie which was very helpful for my mom to understand.

I do have two things to criticize about it.  One was the singing voices were drowned by the orchestra.  I could barely hear the actors singing.  And the second criticism was the use of the songs in the story.  It sometimes felt forced.  They tried to used existing songs to a particular situation in the story and it always just not as good as the music specifically written for the story.

All and all an enjoyable evening.  I will give this 3.75 stars out of 5.


No comments: