Thursday, May 16, 2013

In the flesh: the review




I was able to download this TV series from the UK called In the Flesh.  It is a story about zombies or more politically correctly called PDS (partially deceased syndrome).  Don't get me wrong.  This is not a story about blood and gore but a story about love and social issues that the marginalized of today faces.  As these PDS were rehabilitated by the government and sent back home for reintegration, they face hostility and threat from the community members due to the fear that was being fueled by their vicar.  This social conflict echoes some of the social conflicts present day minorities faces from a hostile community.  The story was able to portray these PDS as somebody who are a lot like us.  They love, they feel and they are not inherently evil.  They may be different but they are still capable of goodness like us.

I really like this show.  It reminds me so much of the hatred being spread by some bigoted religious organization towards the LGBT community.   And the struggle of the LGBT is close to my heart.  I cried as I watched the PDS struggle with the conflict internally and externally.  And it also helped that the main protagonist PDS of this show is a gay young man.  The acting is convincing and natural.  The make up to make the PDS looks less human are realistic.  And I do not have to repeat that the story is sad yet uplifting.  No awkward unrealistic dialogue.  I will give this show a 4 stars out of 5.

No comments: