Thursday, May 02, 2013

Just a delay.... don't fret.

As I go back to the routine of preparing my condo to show to potential buyers, my heart aches at the deal that did not come to fruition. Yes I had a buyer that pulled out of the deal one week before the targeted closing date. I hope they rot in hell for dragging me along and changing their minds.

This whole event made me analyze why I am really upset. The first reason that comes to mind is my desire to start anew in LA. I am done with Chicago for so many reasons. I was just eager to get a new start in LA. But I remind myself that this is just a delay. A bump in the road on my journey to become an Angeleno.  I did not really loose any money from this.  It was not as if I already made any monetary commitment on a house in LA.  I got my deposit back from the POD unit I reserved.  I did not book any nonrefundable airfare or rental car yet.  And I still have work here that keeps me earning money while I wait.  Granting it is a job that I do not care for but it is still work.   What I lost was just roughly 1 month of time that I could have shown my place to a serious buyer.   Oh well, nothing much can be done at this point but wait again for somebody to make an offer on my place.  Just a delay I remind myself.

No comments: