Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Atheistic views.

Many people gave thank to god or Jesus or whatever deity they worship during Thanksgiving for the bounty and good fortune they have received.  I, on the other hand, have mostly myself to thank for what ever I have today.  It is via my hard work, my intelligence, help from others and some random good fortune that I have reached this point in my life.  This past Thanksgiving as I contemplate who I am thankful for, an omnipotent deity was not one of them.  I am becoming more atheist as each day passes.  Here are some of my views about God et al.

-  It seems silly now for people to believe in the ancient gods of the Greeks and Romans.  I wonder people would feel about today's religious beliefs in several thousand more years.

-  If the Abrahamic god is real, it should have the power to let all the people of the world believe in itself.  The fact that there are Hindus, Buddhist or Taoist out there just shows that this god is man made.

-  Religious people who do not believe in evolution are like the people of the middle ages who believed that the world is flat.

-  Not just because science has not discovered how some things work does not mean it is of divine intervention.  Remember lightning is not of divine act like how the ancient people once thought.

-  I acknowledge that religion has given us our morality and is the basis of our views of what is right and wrong.  This was the foundation of our present day society and laws.  But the more we learn about our universe and how things work, the more we should use logical thinking as the foundation of our society and laws.

-  This god that many believe is so powerful that it can intervene to help people from a disaster yet it can not prevent the disaster from happening to begin with?  Natural disasters happen and we know why and how.  Survival from a natural disaster is often random.  One just happen to be at the right place at the right time.  No god is involved.

No comments: