Sunday, July 27, 2008

Duality of my feelings about the Cubs

I was never a big fan of the Chicago Cubs or baseball. Lately I find the traffic and other vexations associated with the Cubs game in my neighborhood has turned me more against it. Plus the last guy that disappointed me was a huge Cubs fan so that made the Cubs less in my favor. The Cubs was a reminder of that chapter in my life I would rather forget.

In the past, I have gone to a handful of Cubs game and the experience was not at all unpleasant. In fact it was rather enjoyable. Beer and good company with friends/coworkers are always very agreeable. Just today, a guy I sort of like invited me to watch the Cubs game. And as in my past experience during the ballgame, I had a pleasant time. Watching the crowd roar with a home run, laughing with my friend, ogling the other cute guys, feeling the cool breeze of the fine summer day and drinking beer made it all pleasant enough.

So does this mean I like the Cubs now? Not for a long shot but let us just say my opinion of the Cubs improved with every pleasant experience I have with it.

PS. They won 9 to 6 against the Florida Marlins.

No comments: