Sunday, July 06, 2008

Wimbledon, the conclusion

Unlike the French Open, Wimbledon was a mix emotions of elation and disappointment. As I mentioned in my earlier blog, I was happy Maria Sharapova and Novak Djokovic got eliminated in the 2nd round but on the other hand, I was sad for Andy Roddick's early exit. Now that Wimbledon came to its conclusion, I still have mix emotions about it. I was saddened that Roger Federer lost in the finals to Rafael Nadal. Rafa is not such a bad guy. Better him than anybody else to beat Roger I suppose. I was also saddened by the defeat of the Bryan Brothers in the semifinals of the Gentlemen's Doubles. But each of the Bryan Brothers were in the finals of the mix doubles with Bob Bryan and Samantha Stosur edging over Mike Bryan and Katarina Srebotnik to take the Mix doubles championship. That is at least a good consolation for them not winning the Gentleman's doubles. The news that brought me much satisfaction is the Williams Sisters each advancing to the Ladies finals with Venus winning over Serena. And they both took the ladies doubles championship too. Good work gurls...
Next stop, the US Open.

(pics from yahoo sports page)

No comments: