Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wimbledon upsets... not all at least...

Others may be indeed truly upset with all of them. But I am only upset with one. That is Andy Roddick's lost to Janko Tipsarevic on round two of the play. For Andy's defense, Janko gave Federer a run for his money during the Australian Open. But then again, Federer had the Mono at that time. hhmmm...
For the other top ranked upset, it was more like a good news to me. Specially the lost of Maria Sharapova in round two to a 154th rank player!!! The closer she was to losing the game, the louder her shrieks. Same was true during the French Open. Well good thing, the game was not won by the loudest shrieks. Novak Djokovic also lost at round two but to former number one Marat Safin. He had a very valid excuse but still it gives me a reason to smile.
Among the top ranked upset that neither made me happy or sad includes Nikolay Davydenko and David Nalbandian both losing in round one. Also Ana Ivanovic lost to Jheng Jie of China on round three. I would have liked to see her go till the quarterfinals but cest la vie.
On those whose faith remains to be seen, I am glad that Serena, Venus, Mikhail and the Bryan Brothers are still in. Cross my finger...

(pic from yahoo sports page)

No comments: