Monday, June 02, 2008

It's all about the friendship.

I saw "Sex and the City" with my Ho sister Sam last saturday. While queuing up to enter the theatre, what we saw were mostly groups of either girls or gays. It made me think why "Sex and the City" resonant with so many girls and gays. At the very core of the TV series and now the movie, is the friendship the 4 girls have. And not only are the bonds of friendship between the 4 characters strong, they are all fabulous in their own ways. Men in their lives may come and go, but the friendship remains strong. They may have a quarrel between each other at some stages of their relationship but they still end up forgiving each other. It is the friendship that sustain them in this sometimes cruel world of dating and relationships. And I think girls and gays like to think themselves that way. At least girls and gays like to have what the 4 characters have (friendship, men, money and fabulousness). Most girls and gays like to think they have a little bit of Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and/or Charlotte in them. I personally think I am more Miranda in my mentality and personality. Who are you like?

No comments: