Thursday, June 05, 2008

Anger or compassion?

Almost every morning on my way to work in Ashland Avenue, I see one of these pick up trucks transporting scrap metal to be sold and recycled. And in many instance, they are piled up so high and secured so dangerously. I feel like any moment, one of those metal will fall and cause an accident. From the look of the drivers, they look like Mexicans of very little means. I have seen them going through the dumpster in my alley several times looking for scrap metal to collect. And I applaud them for recycling the metal trash of others and earning an honest living. I feel compassionate for their situation in life yet on the other hand, I feel annoyed/angry that they are creating a dangerous and hazardous situation in the road.

1 comment:

Jon said...

ps, I took the pic while it was a red light so i was not putting myself in danger.