Monday, September 29, 2008

what is happening?

Several months ago, my friend Caitlin St. James was diagnosed with meningioma. She had surgery and received radiation therapy afterward. Thank God she seems well now.
Just last night, I got an email from my best friend Lady Jazmin stating that he got diagnosed with colon cancer and will get surgery to remove it next week. He will get chemotherapy as well after the surgery.

What is happening? These are people my age and things like cancer are not something you expect from people in their late 30s to early 40s. These two events happening to my friends are shaking me up to my very core. It reminds me of my own frailty. It reminds me that I am not young anymore. It reminds me of my mortality. It reminds me that I should live life to the fullest every day cause who knows, I could be diagnosed with cancer anytime now.

No comments: