Friday, September 26, 2008

who likes a cabbie?

We the public have a love and hate relationship with a cabbie/taxi. We appreciate them when we desperately need one and we hate them when they do all these annoying driving habits. And I think I understand why a cabbie drives that way. With all these annoying things one encounters during traffic, I could see why a cabbie would be so jaded to the point that they do not care anymore if they annoy others. They develop a "to each his own" attitude. "I am going to cut you off cause I have been cut off many times." "I am going to stop in the middle of the road to pick up a ride cause I do not care about you" The more these cabbies do these annoying things, the more we hate them and reciprocate the same bad driving attitude to them. We end up cutting them off. We end up being rude to them. And the more they do the same. So you see, it has become a vicious cycle. And there is no end to it, unless u live in "pleasantville". sigh.

No comments: